Introduction to Floristry Course Cape Town R4495
Introduction to Floristry Course
(2 day course)
Venue: Cape Town
This course is designed for the absolute beginner as well as the more experienced florist.
It is a challenging course which covers a wide variety of techniques and designs that are popularly used in floristry, but are also useful to the hobbyist and homemaker.
An absolute must for all who wish to start a career in floristry.
This course covers traditional and more modern creative designs, and in this way it should appeal to everyone.
It is a hand-on course including background knowledge and practical skills training.
Six arrangements are completed during this course.
Skills training topics:
- Purchasing and handling of flowers
- Conditioning and care of fresh flowers
- Basic design concepts
- Shapes and styles of arrangements
- Colour and its effects
- Choice and use of containers
- Methods of arranging and support mediums for stems
- Working with attributes in arrangements
Practical skills training:
- Round country bowl
- Modern vase of flowers
- Line arrangement
- Hand-tied Spiral Bunch
- Phalaeonopsis orchid arrangement
- Arrangement using branches/sticks
What you will get:
- Take home all the arrangements you have made.
- A booklet of illustrated notes.
- A certificate of attendance.